Welcome to the First Unitarian Universalist (UU) Congregation of Second Life web site.
Unitarian Universalism is based not on theology, but on 7 Principles. These are:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
Within the virtual world of Second Life, we have formed a vibrant congregation which lives out these principles. We are real world UUs who meet in a virtual environment. It is no game, but a technologically effective way for people world wide to meet and exchange ideas and to seek personal growth through education and support.
In these pages you will find news relating to our congregation, as well as past sermons presented during our weekly Thursday services or monthly Saturday services.
We invite you to explore our website, visit a congregation near you, and discover Unitarian Universalism!
Once again, WELCOME!