Minutes of the FUUCSL Leadership Group Meeting
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Tee Auster called the meeting to order at 5:32 PM SLT
Present: Desire, Tee, Joan, Darcy, Etaoin, Sofia
Observing: Peter Newton, Belovan Zuta, megimp
Approval of Minutes – Zyzzy
Moved, seconded, and approved
Treasurer’s report December 31, 2012 – Sofia
|ASSETS||Dec. 4||Dec. 31|
|EXPENSES in 2012|
|INCOME in 2012||Misc donations||L$6,749||L$8,229||JobUU & sculpture garden|
|Plate collections:||L$113,840||L$120,860||Includes Library|
|Membership||69||No new members|
- Moved by Joan (on Sofia’s recommendation) to increase the rent paid by FUUCSL to L$25,000/month. Seconded and approved.
- Sofia moved to hold a pledge drive. Seconded and approved.
KIVA Report, January 2013 – Joan
|Month||# of Members||# of Loans||Loans/Member||Total Loaned|
- Overall increase.
- 7 loans ended in a loss though over 98% of the individual loan was repaid
- 2 loans refunded.
- # of members is 17 (no increase since last report)
- # of Loans is 187 (increase of 12)
- Loans/member 11 (increase of 0.7) (Average for KIVA lenders is 9)
- Total loans $4900 (increase of $300)
Occupancy Report – Zyzzy
- There is one 4096 available, on Alcott. Joan’s former parcel.
- I think we’re about to lose Cherie Cassowary (a 1024)
- 2012 closed with a cumulative loss of US$1480.56
- The net loss during 2012 was US$44.90
- A chart of the info is here:
Outreach Report – Etaoin
- Still having the CLF simulcast.
- 3-4 avatars attend regularly
- CLF knows when we’re watching
- There is two-way chat during the event
Library Report – Belovan
- The library continues to grow at a good pace. We have new visits regularly and our Tuesday discussions are doing very well. Peter is currently leading the discussions on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month. Tee has started a UU principles discussion on the 2nd Tuesday of each month and we are having an open discussion on the last Tuesday of each month.
- On Jan 20th at 5pm we will be having our first event at the Lecture Hall. A panel discussion on Religion as a source of social change. We are still looking for someone to do the introductions for this event. If anyone can help that would be great.
- In the future I’m hoping to book religious leaders from around SL. To speak in the lecture hall. I’m trying to figure out the best day and time for these. I want them to be like once a month around the same time.
- megimp suggested that the library have copies of the various UU pamphlets. He said he has a few that are out of print. This idea was well-received.
- Desire will be the new library assistant
Calendar of Events (submitted by Freda)
- Calendar is up to date
- Peter might have some events he would like to add
- We have a new preacher starting January 31, Basona Melody.
- Are we planning any events for March 25th (UUtopia’s founding anniversary)?
- Desire noted that she’s done two weddings here since she built the wedding venue.
The meeting was adjourned at 6:24 PM SLT.