Minutes of the FUUCSL Leadership Group Meeting
Thursday, October 25, 2012
The meeting called to order by Tee Auster at 5:37 SLT
Attending: Desire, Etaoin, Sofia, Tee, Zyzzy, Darcy
Approval of Minutes—Zyzzy
Approval moved, seconded, and passed.
Year-to-date October 14, 2012
|ASSETS||September 25||October 14|
|EXPENSES in 2012|
|INCOME in 2012||Misc donations||L$2395||L$4370||JobUU & sculpture garden|
No new members
No new members
- Joan will give the Kiva report at the next LG meeting.
Date for next LG meeting
- The next LG Meeting is proposed for December 6th.
- Moved, seconded, and passed.
- Thisbe added Knarf’s abandoned parcel.
- - Only the parcels north of the mountain are available.
- CLF service watching still going well. Rev Harlan Limpert, UUA director of Ministry and Congragational services (or whatever his title is—-#3 at the UUA) contacted Et about coming into SL and seeing what we’re up to. He is wondering what are the impediments to this place being a part of the UUA. So far he’s been too busy to pop in.
- Et will pursue this later.
- Sofia: Eventually we will have to decide whether to attempt to become a UUA-affiliated congregation.
- Bel talked about forthcoming projects involving the library. There will be things elsewhere being promoted at the library.
- Bel would like ideas on a logo to go with the off-sim promotions.
Fixing FUUCSL Name
- Thisbe noted that the Covenant says that the FUUCSL is a “church”. Any reason to not change that to “congregation”?
Background: At April & May 2010 we decided to put the name change to a vote of the congregation. That was done on May 27,2010, and the notecard giver and mission/vision posters in the sanctuary area were changed from Church to Congregation. I believe that only the mission/vision statement on the website needs to be updated. – Sofia
- Moved – that “church” be changed to “congregation” whereever it appears and where it makes sense. 2nded and approved.
- November-December LS Meeting will be held Thursday, December 6th
The meeting was adjourned at 6:12 SLT