Date: October 27, 2016
Agenda and Minutes of the FUUCSL Leadership Group Meeting
Zyzzy called the meeting to order at 5:32 pm SLT
Present: Et, TED, Sofia, Tee, Zyzzy, Tim, Ori
Minutes – Etaoin
- September’s minutes acceptance moved, seconded, and approved.
Treasurer’s Report – Sofia
Treasurer’s report September 30 2016
|ASSETS||August 31, 2016,||September 30, 2016,|
|Plate collections:||L69,028||L78,559||Includes library|
|Pledge payments:||L196,750||L255,500||Pledged 269K|
Only three pledges outstanding for a total of L32,250. We have 17 pledging members.
KIVA report: We have 25 members on our FUUCSL Kiva team and we have made 540 loans. The money that the congregation and members has invested is being re-invested over and over for a total impact of $13,500 in loans. Anyone interested in joining our team should go to Kiva.org, set up an account (like on-line shopping). Then search for our team, FUUCSL Social Justice Action Team and join us. It is only a few clicks away!
UUtopia Report – Zyzzy
- (Nothing to report)
Outreach – Et
- Not much to report.
- UCC congregation still planning a big bash when they become formally recognized by their denomination in the next few weeks.
Library Report – Peter
(in the future, to be collected offline and reported here, as things comes up)
- Tee is remiss
Worship Report – Tee
- Thank you to Zyzzy, Tim and Tee for leading this cycle.
- As always, we need others to lead service.
- Let’s look at the calendar for November and December
Kiva service for THANKSGIVING
Add in the small stories from Kiva.org
Started a Worship survey. What do you think we should ask?
If you attend the service, what do you like or not like
If you have attended and no longer attend….what would entice you to come again.
Do you prefer familiar music or new music, or some of each? Favorite song from our usual list?
- Consider making speaker compensation same for prepared topic vs generic service – simpler, both are valuable, difficult in different ways, compensation difference implies that we value one nurturing more than the other. (TED)
- Consider making all services the same stipend?
- Consider a bonus for the first N services one leads?
- Sofia moved: All services pay a L$1000 stipend per service, prepared or generic. Seconded. Approved.
- November Leader’s Group meeting is currently scheduled for Thanksgiving Day, is that awkward? (TED)
November and December meetings will be combined on December 8.
The meeting was adjourned at 6:14 pm SLT