Date: January 28, 2016
Agenda and Minutes of the FUUCSL Leadership Group Meeting
Tee called the meeting to order at 5:38 pm SLT
Present: Et, Ori, Peter, Sofia, Tee, Tim, Zyzzy
Observing: Stephanie L Cutrere
Minutes – Zyzzy
- Previous minutes’ approval moved, seconded, and carried.
Treasurer’s Report – Sofia
Treasurer’s report December 31, 2015
|ASSETS||DECEMBER 31, 2014||DECEMBER 31, 2015|
|Plate collections:||L$74,521||Includes library||L$98,492||Includes library|
|Pledge payments:||L$151,250||L$304,481||89% of pledged amount|
|Total Income||L$225,771||L$402,973||Higher than expenses!|
Our first surplus year! Our income was L$49,000 more than we spent, leading to the first year in which our assets did not decline.
UUtopia Report – Zyzzy
- Freda took another 2048 in Alcott for the prims.
- Alcott now has only a 1024 available, but it’s under water.
- UUtopia has 4 x 1024s available.
Outreach – Et
- Not much new to report. The World Religion Day at the Library was a good event.
- The UUA is discussing (again) how to expand “congregation” into affiliated groups. In one board discussion I saw our group in SL came up, mostly because of our longevity. (One UUA board member still uses SL at times.)
- The SL UCC congregation recently gained full congregation status.
Library Report – Peter
- World Religion Day – 4th year
- 7 religions represented Sikhism, Judaism, Unitarian Universalism, Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, Baha’i
- 65 people attended
- The new building was very helpful
This month, Belovan and Peter replaced the former Library building with the lovely new one, which was then furnished, decorated and landscaped.
Its main advantage is that now the book collection, posters, socializing areas, and auditorium are all in the same building within easy view, making them much easier to navigate.
- As for the book collection, the “Indigenous Religions” section was completed. Some of the topics in the “World Religions” section were enriched, but this work needs to be continued.
Our major project this month was to organize the 2016 World Religion Day panel on Sunday, January 10, at 5pm SLT, which was our fourth consecutive celebration in SL.
The Library Team chose the Leadership Group’s suggestion “Celebrating our Religious and Spiritual Diversity,” and prefaced it with “Beyond Interfaith Tolerance.”
There were seven interfaith panelists, including our first Judaic and Sikh speakers, and the total attendance reached a record 65 avatars this year.
Worship Report- Tee
- Thank you to Freda, Zyzzy, Et, Argent and Tee for leading services.
- Ori will be leading a generic January 28
- Freda plans to lead the service on 2/4
- Tim is planning a service in the near distant future….
- Zyzzy asked for volunteers to help with the fuucsl.org or uutopia.org websites
The meeting was adjourned at 6:17 pm SLT